Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Literacy and Language Diversity in the United States, 2nd Edition
- Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model, 5th Edition
- Math and Science: Skills and Strategies to Adapt Instruction for English Language Learners
- Multilingual Learners and Academic Literacies
- National Research Summit on the Early Care and Education of Dual Language Learners
- Practitioner Toolkit: Working With Adult English Language Learners
- Preparing Classroom Teachers to Succeed with Second Language Learners
- Profiles of Dual Language Education in the 21st Century
- Promoting the Educational Success of Children and Youth Learning English: Promising Futures
- Redesigning English-Medium Classrooms: Using Research to Enhance English Learner Achievement