Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Seven Principles of Effective Instruction for English Learners
- SIOP in Action: Instructional Videos Featuring Complete SIOP Lessons at Three Grade Levels
- SIOP Model Digest Series
- Sociolinguistic Variation: Theories, Methods, and Applications
- Spotlight on the Chinese Education Center Elementary School: A Newcomer Program in San Francisco
- STARTALK Assessment for Language Instructors: The Basics
- Sustaining Linguistic Diversity: Endangered and Minority Languages and Language Varieties
- Talking Black in America
- Teaching and Assessing EIL in Local Contexts Around the World
- Teaching and Learning English Grammar: Research Findings and Future Directions