Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Foreign Language Instruction in the United States: A National Survey of Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Foreign Language Teaching in U.S. Schools: Results of a National Survey
- Foundations of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 6th Edition
- Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education – Third Edition
- Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education, Second Edition
- Handbook of Heritage, Community, and Native American Languages in the United States: Research, Policy, and Educational Practice
- Helping English Learners Succeed: An Overview of the SIOP Model (Video)
- Helping Newcomer Students Succeed in Secondary Schools and Beyond
- Heritage Language Education: A New Field Emerging
- How Can the U.S. Overcome its Linguistic Deficit? The Findings of Two National Reports on Language Learners - A CAL Commentary