Publications & Products
The Center for Applied Linguistics provides a wide range of publications and products related to the teaching and learning of languages, linguistics, policy, assessment, and more.
In this section, CAL provides a complete list of our publications (both for sale and free downloadable PDFs) as well as our products for sale, such as assessments and our resources used in delivery of professional development services.
We invite you to browse our library of publications and resources. Click on a title for a description of each resource and information on how to download PDFs or to order selected publications and products online at the CAL Store.
Visit our Resource Archive to download free PDFs of CAL Digests as well as digests and briefs from past projects.
- Talking Black in America
- Teaching and Assessing EIL in Local Contexts Around the World
- Teaching and Learning English Grammar: Research Findings and Future Directions
- Teaching Vocabulary to English Language Learners
- The Bilingual Advantage: Language, Literacy, and US Labor Market
- The Bilingual Edge: Why, When, and How to Teach Your Child a Second Language
- The Education of Language Minority Immigrants in the United States
- The March for our Lives: Bringing Power and Authenticity to the Language and Literacy Standards - A CAL Commentary
- The National K-12 Foreign Language Enrollment Survey Report: The State of Language in the United States
- The SIOP Model: Sheltered Instruction for Academic Achievement (Video)